Elevate Energy is a non-profit organization doing great work developing renewable energy and energy efficiency programs in Illinois. Unlike most profit-oriented companies, Elevate is focused on equity issues in sustainable development.
Elevate Energy is looking to hire a Marketing Coordinator to assist with their roll-out of a new state program called Illinois Solar For All. Many recent grads will be good candidates for this position.
The full job description can be found here: https://www.elevateenergy.org/jobs/solar-marketing-coordinator/
Brief job description:
The responsibility of the Solar Marketing Coordinator is to increase participation in the organization’s administration of the Illinois Solar For All program. Primary tasks include developing and executing marketing plans, building strategic relationships, writing compelling content, testing new strategies, and finding opportunities to promote programs. Additionally, the coordinator will support other organizational marketing and outreach needs as they arise.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Marketing and will work with other teams across Elevate Energy.
- Work with managers to develop strategic marketing and communications plans for Elevate Energy’s solar programs
- Assist in creation of marketing materials, including brochures, bill inserts, direct mail, online ads, presentations, and case studies to articulate the benefits of our products
- Proactively identify and seek out opportunities to present on Elevate Energy’s solar programs
- Work with passionate existing participants to create testimonials and otherwise support them as evangelists for our programs
- Create and place sharable content about Elevate Energy’s solar programs in places such as groups’ newsletters, websites, and online forums
- Track and analyze data to evaluate effectiveness of outreach efforts
- Regular travel within Chicago region and ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Build strategic relationships with community leaders, industry organizations, and affinity groups to run mutually beneficial promotional efforts
- Advocate internally that all teams solve for the customer – you are their biggest fans within the company and understand that their success and happiness mean our success and happiness
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two years of experience in marketing or advertising
- Proven ability to manage and move forward multiple project priorities with minimal supervision
- Creative thinker with strong writing skills and the ability to simplify and summarize abstract ideas
- Detail-oriented, process-driven, and able to use data to make decisions
- Excellent relationship building, networking, and presentation skills
- Comfortable giving presentations to unfamiliar audiences
- Experience using social media to recruit new customers and build brand loyalty
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and HTML preferred
- Passion for Elevate Energy’s mission
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required