Plant Chicagoʼs Closed Loop Forum & Fest 2018 is focused on cultivating local circular economies.
The Forum 9 am – 1 pm
Ideas on neighborhood production, consumption, and waste will be shared by local thinkers and organizations. Collaborate with neighborhood businesses and innovators within urban agriculture and sustainability.
9:30 – Waste and Opportunity
Moderated Introduction by John Mulrow
– Dominic Brose, MWRD (Metropolitan Water Reclamation District)
– Shantanu Pai, ISTC (Illinois SustainabilityTechnology Center)
– Mary Beth Schaye, Collective Resource
10:45 Production and Education
Moderated Introduction by Monica Eng
– Susan Buchanan, PEHSU
– Mollie Dowling, OAI
– Alex Enarson, Bubbly Dynamics
– Jose Oliva, Food Chain Workers Alliance
12:00 Community and Consumption
Moderated Introduction by Emily
– Ratih Sutrisno, NASCO (North American Students of Cooperation)
– Antonio Lopez, LVEJO (Little Village Environmental Justice Organization)
– Jahmal Cole, Keynote, My Block My Hood My City
Breakfast will be provided, $10 suggested donation for entry. Purchase your Forum tickets in advance and receive a free drink ticket (Whiner Beer or non-alcoholic option) for The Fest!
Poster Session 1-3 pm
The poster session will highlight some of the circular economy research happening at The Plant, local universities, and within Back of the Yards businesses and schools. This portion of the event is free and open to the public.
The Fest 1-7 pm
The fest is a place to learn new DIY skills and share resources while enjoying music and food from all around Chicago. General admission is $15. Children 12 and under enter free of charge. $5 discount offered for Back of the Yards/New City residents (60609 zip) email Kassie at firstname.lastname@example.org for promo code.