Hi folks, the Science Action Center at the Field Museum is hiring for a paid intern to work in the Youth Conservation Action (YCA) program this summer. Go to the site below and in the Careers section, just look for Intern, Youth Conservation Action. Here are the details: https://www.fieldmuseum.org/about/careers
The Keller Science Action center seeks a full-time, paid Youth Conservation Action (YCA) Intern from June 26 – August 17, 2018. The YCA Intern will work with the Youth Conservation Action team in the coordination and implementation of various conservation education programs:
- The Green Ambassador participants use the anthropological methods and ecological science to examine their community and develop an action plan for a local environmental research project.
Duties and Responsibilities: Work with the Youth Conservation Action team to:
- Assist the Green Ambassador Internship supervisor in facilitation of workshops and skill trainings for Keller Science Action Center summer high school internship programs
- Prepare educational materials and resources for YCA summer programs, workshops and events.
- Assist in compiling and analysis of evaluation data from YCA programs
- General administrative support of conservation education program tasks as assigned.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Interest in community-based conservation, and in working with diverse communities
- Interest in environmental education
- Interest in youth mentorship and connecting youth to environmental careers
- Ability to multitask and manage several simultaneous projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel. Familiar with creating spreadsheets, compiling data and analysis
- Bilingual, Spanish (preferred)