For RU students gearing up and getting ready for the 2016-17 academic year, there are many golden opportunities on campus to contribute to RU’s sustainability efforts and help our university grow greener. Here are just a few of interest:
- The SUST Program is seeking a Sustainability Studies Associate student worker, a 12-hour/week position that starts on Aug 29th. See info and application guidelines here. Open to undergrad and grad students; SUST majors strongly encouraged to apply.
- All students, alumni, faculty, staff, and administrators are welcome to attend any meeting of RU’s university-wide Environmental Sustainability Committee. Today’s gathering on Aug 15th is in WB 1214 at 1pm. Email Rebecca Quesnell (email@example.com) to RSVP or get Zoom info for online access. Stay tuned for announcements of future meetings this coming year!
- RU students can apply to the Department of Physical Resources’ two Environmental Sustainability Associate positions for 2016-17. See the Career Resources page on RU’s website to apply.
- The student organization RU Green will be revving up again this fall to brainstorm service projects and sustainability activism priorities. All RU students are welcome and encouraged to participate! Just contact Yessenia Balcazar (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.
- Still looking to finalize your Fall 2016 course schedule? Check out the SUST offerings here and get in touch with your advisor.