On November 1-3, 2013, Great Lakes Bioneers Chicago will host its second annual conference at Roosevelt University‘s Chicago Campus. For three exciting days, participants will have the opportunity to join international, national and local visionaries in a program of presentations and interactive workshops interwoven with music, drama, dance, poetry and celebration.
The conference theme, Creating Resilient Communities, will bring together leading innovators from all walks of life to exchange ideas, build networks and experience the power of visions guided by a philosophy that the responses to our city’s most significant environmental, social and economic challenges must be in harmony with the wisdom and proven design of natural systems.
- Keynotes by leaders in the environmental and social justice movements, including David Orr and Sandra Steingraber (on Friday Nov. 1), two leading voices of sustainability and environmental activism/education.
- Professional Development Intensives using the world cafe model.
- Empowering, interactive panels and workshops.
- Inspiring music, poetry and dance.
- Youth-related workshops and activities.
- Saturday Concert by the Rev. Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping Choir.
- Exhibit Hall showcasing Chicago’s change makers.