Due to the inclement weather and the forecast of rain all day, the first annual Sustainability Studies Bike Ride, scheduled for today, has been rescheduled for Friday, September 14th, at 4pm.
Meet at Roosevelt’s Wabash Building, 425 S. Wabash. This will be a liesurely 8-mile ride tour, with several stops. The route is available here via Google Maps. Stops will include:
- The Field Museum (outside, north frontage), to explain connections between RU Sustainability and the Field as well as explain the concept of the Museum Campus;
- Northerly Island’s Meigs Terminal, to explore the exhibits there (and a bathroom if need be);
- The Battle of Ft. Dearborn Site, a historical moment in the city’s past;
- The Prairie Avenue Historic District, to see excellent examples of 19th century architecture;
- Ping Tom Park, to reflect on the Chicago River as both an industrial space, a natural setting, and a park experience.
Nearly all of the ride will be on bike paths and bike lanes in the city. Don’t have a bike? No problem, rent one for $20 at Chicago Bicycle Rentals at 310 S. Michigan Avenue. Arrive 15 minutes early to get your bike. No more than basic bike riding ability required.
Come join us!