Join Sustainability Studies faculty Brad Hunt and Mike Bryson on Friday, September 7, from 4-6pm for a tour of Northerly Island, the Lakefront, and the South Loop. Meet at Roosevelt’s Wabash Building, 425 S. Wabash. This will be a liesurely 8-mile ride tour, with several stops. The route is available here via Google Maps.
Stops will include:
- The Field Museum (outside, north frontage), to explain connections between RU Sustainability and the Field as well as explain the concept of the Museum Campus;
- Northerly Island’s Meigs Terminal, to explore the exhibits there (and a bathroom if need be);
- The Battle of Ft. Dearborn Site, a historical moment in the city’s past;
- The Prairie Avenue Historic District, to see excellent examples of 19th century architecture;
- Ping Tom Park, to reflect on the Chicago River as both an industrial space, a natural setting, and a park experience.
Nearly all of the ride will be on bike paths and bike lanes in the city. Come join us!