- climate change
- field trips
- green design
- green jobs
- parks and public land
- social justice
- Dispatches from Uganda: Threats to Habitat, Biodiversity, and Sustainability -- and Discoveries of Giant Rabbits!
- Biodiversity Professor Julian Kerbis Peterhans begins a Fulbright Year in Uganda
- How Safe Is Chicago's Drinking Water?
- Roosevelt hosts U.S. Green Building Council program, Wednesday, June 5
- Mapping Urban Agriculture in Chicago: A New View of Backyard Gardens
Category Archives: community
Soon after RUrbanPioneers expanded and enriched the Roosevelt’s Community Garden at the Schaumburg Campus during Earth Week on two “Soil Service” Saturdays in April, this excellent article by RU’s own Laura Janota appeared in this week’s Daily Herald, the main … Continue reading
Yesterday, May Day 2013, was the final workday of the spring semester for the students in SUST 350 Service & Sustainability at the Chicago Lights Urban Farm on Chicago’s Near-North Side. We worked hard and had lots of fun — … Continue reading
April is the final month of the Winter-Spring 2013 workshop/lecture series that the Chicago Center for Green Technology (CCGT). This new and updated educational programming, run by professionals and experts and offered at the CCGT’s LEED-platinum facility on Chicago’s West … Continue reading